A grammar-checking app is necessary for writing the best content.
Every writer must have a tool that helps them catch grammar and spelling errors is crucial. That’s where grammar checker tools like Grammarly and ProWritingAid come in.
This content will provide you with the following:
- An overview of both Grammarly and PWA
- The pros and cons of each application
- Comparisons of the free versus paid versions of each tool
- A side-by-side comparison
We aim to help you decide which application you prefer and whether to invest in the paid version. (Spoiler alert: If you are a writer or content creator, you definitely need the upgrade!)
Grammarly is a popular grammar checker tool that uses AI technology to check for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style errors. It can also improve your writing by offering suggestions for sentence structure, tone, and clarity. Grammarly is available as a web application, desktop app, and browser extension and supports multiple languages.
Grammarly pros and cons:
- Offers a free product with basic grammar and spelling checks
- Premium plans are slightly cheaper than ProWritingAid’s
- Has a cleaner and more user-friendly interface
- Integrates with more writing platforms and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Scrivener
- Can be used across multiple devices
- The free version has limited features and may not catch all errors
- Some users report that the premium version can be too aggressive with its suggestions
- It can be slower than ProWritingAid at processing longer documents
What comes with Grammarly free?
Grammarly Free is a basic version of the popular writing tool with several useful features for checking grammar and spelling errors. Here are some of the helpful features of Grammarly Free:
- Grammar and Spelling Checks: Grammarly Free checks for typical grammar and spelling errors and provides suggestions for correcting them. It can identify issues such as subject-verb agreement, misplaced commas, and misspelled words.
- Writing Style Checks: Grammarly Free also checks for writing style issues such as word choice, sentence structure, and tone. It can help you improve the clarity and readability of your writing.
- Browser Extension: Grammarly Free can be a browser extension for Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. It provides real-time suggestions as you type, helping you catch errors as you write.
- Mobile Keyboard: Grammarly Free offers a mobile keyboard for iOS and Android devices. It provides suggestions for corrections and helps you improve your writing on the go.
- Personal Dictionary: Grammarly Free allows you to create a dictionary of frequently used words and phrases. This feature helps prevent the tool from flagging them as errors in the future.
Grammarly Free is valuable for catching basic grammar and spelling errors and improving your writing style. While it does not offer as many features as the premium version, it can still be a helpful app for anyone hoping to improve their writing.
What are the benefits of an upgrade to Grammarly Premium?
Upgrading to Grammarly Premium or Grammarly Business plans offer several benefits over the free version. Here are some of the best perks of Grammarly Premium:
- More Advanced Checks: Grammarly Premium offers more advanced checks for grammar, spelling, style, and tone. It can catch more complex errors and provide more nuanced suggestions for improvement.
- Plagiarism Checker: It also includes a plagiarism checker that scans your writing for text possibly copied from other sources. This feature is handy for students, researchers, and professionals who need to ensure the originality of their work.
- Vocabulary Enhancement: Grammarly Pro offers suggestions for enhancing your vocabulary by suggesting synonyms and alternative word choices. This tool can make your writing more engaging and impactful.
- Writing Insights: Grammarly Pro provides detailed insights to help you identify areas for improving your writing. These insights include things like sentence length, readability, and engagement level.
- Integrations: Grammarly Pro integrates with various writing platforms and applications, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Scrivener. It also offers a desktop app and a mobile app.
- Personalized Writing Goals: Grammarly Pro allows you to set personalized writing goals based on your audience, writing style, and tone. Thus, it helps you tailor your writing to your needs and preferences.
Upgrading to Grammarly Pro offers more comprehensive features for improving your writing. It can catch more errors, provide more nuanced suggestions, and help you enhance your vocabulary and writing style. If you’re serious about improving your writing, upgrading to Grammarly Pro may be worth considering.
You can read all the benefits of this tool on their website.
ProWritingAid is a comprehensive tool beyond checking for grammar and spelling errors. It also checks for style, structure, and readability and provides suggestions for improving your writing. ProWritingAid has a desktop app, web application, and browser extension, and it also supports multiple languages.
ProWritingAid pros and cons:
- Offers a more comprehensive set of features than Grammarly, such as overused word checks and a contextual thesaurus
- Provides suggestions for improving writing structure and readability
- Allows users to customize their writing goals and preferences
- You may use it across multiple devices
- Supports multiple languages
- Limited access to advanced tools (daily limits)
- Premium plans are slightly more expensive than Grammarly’s
- The interface can feel overwhelming at first
- Has limited integration options compared to Grammarly
What comes with ProWritingAid free?
ProWritingAid’s free version offers several essential features for checking grammar, spelling, and style. Here are some features of the free version:
- Grammar and Spelling Checks: The free version of ProWritingAid checks for grammar and spelling errors and offers suggestions for correcting them. It can identify common errors such as misspelled words, incorrect punctuation, and subject-verb agreement issues.
- Style Checks: ProWritingAid’s free version also checks for style issues such as repeated words, passive voice, and cliches. It highlights these issues and offers suggestions for making your writing more concise and engaging.
- Writing Reports: The free version of ProWritingAid generates a detailed report highlighting potential improvement areas in your writing. This report includes information about readability, sentence length, and word choice.
- Integrations: ProWritingAid’s free version is a web application or a browser extension. It integrates with several popular writing platforms, including Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Scrivener.
ProWritingAid Free does not offer as many features as the premium version. However, it can still be valuable for catching typical errors and improving your writing.
What’s the benefit of an upgrade to PWA premium?
Upgrading to PWA Premium offers many benefits over the free version. Here are five of the top features of the premium version:
- More Advanced Checks: ProWritingAid Premium offers more advanced checks for grammar, spelling, style, and structure. It can catch more complex errors and offer more nuanced suggestions for improvement.
- Unlimited Word Count: PWA free limits the number of words you can check at one time. On the other hand, the premium version offers unlimited word count. This tool is useful when working on longer documents such as novels or academic papers.
- Writing Style Suggestions: ProWritingAid Premium offers suggestions for improving your writing style. These include sentence structure, tone, and readability. It can help you make your writing more engaging and persuasive.
- Integrations: ProWritingAid Premium integrates with more writing platforms than the free version, including Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Scrivener. It also offers a desktop app and a mobile app.
- Customizable Reports: ProWritingAid Premium allows you to customize your writing reports to focus on specific areas of improvement. You can also save and share your reports with others.
Overall, upgrading to ProWritingAid Premium provides insightful feedback for improving your writing. It can catch more errors than the freebie, offer nuanced suggestions, and help tailor your writing style to your audience. If you’re serious about improving your writing, upgrading to ProWritingAid Premium may be worth considering. You can read the most updated information on their website.
Side-by-Side Comparison of PWA and Grammarly:
While both Grammarly and ProWritingAid are excellent writing tools, they have some differences that might make one more suitable for your needs.
- Pricing: Grammarly offers a free product with basic grammar and spelling checks, while ProWritingAid only offers a free trial. Grammarly’s premium plans are also slightly cheaper than ProWritingAid’s.
- User Interface: Grammarly has a cleaner and more user-friendly interface than ProWritingAid, which can initially feel overwhelming.
- Features: ProWritingAid offers more features than Grammarly. It can check for overused words, inconsistent sentences, and vague language. It also has a contextual thesaurus that suggests synonyms based on the context of your writing.
- Integration: Grammarly integrates with more writing platforms and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Scrivener. ProWritingAid has limited integration options.
The table below provides a visual comparison of the features of Grammarly and PWA:
|Free version||Offers basic grammar and spelling checks||Offers basic grammar and spelling checks|
|Price||Premium plans are slightly cheaper than ProWritingAid’s||Premium plans are slightly more expensive|
|User interface||Clean and user-friendly interface||Feels overwhelming while learning it|
|Features||Offers suggestions for sentence structure, tone, and clarity||Offers suggestions for improving structure, readability, and style, including a contextual thesaurus, overused word checks, and vague language suggestions|
|Multi-language support||Supports multiple languages||Supports multiple languages|
|Integration||Integrates with more writing platforms and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, WordPress, and Scrivener||Integrates with several popular writing platforms, including Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Scrivener|
Summing It Up: Grammarly Is More Intuitive, but PWA Offers Comprehensive Analysis
In summary, both Grammarly and ProWritingAid are excellent tools for improving your writing, but they have different strengths and weaknesses.
If you need a more affordable option with a cleaner interface and better integration, Grammarly might be the better choice. However, if you want a more comprehensive tool with advanced features like overused word checks and contextual thesaurus, ProWritingAid might be the way to go.
Here’s a fun third option–leave the writing to the pro team at Word Innovations! We are here to help. Our team can quickly and accurately use AI–like these grammar tools–to craft compelling, unique content. Connect with us today!